Saturday 29 September 2012

Listening


- Cyber_crime.mp3 Tapesript 

I don’t think people understand cyber-crime. It’s only just started. In the future, it’s going to be a huge problem. There have already been a few amazing examples. A few years ago the whole Internet in Latvia was attacked by another country. Cyberspace has become a new battleground. Countries spy on each other. If there’s a war, it’s possible one country could attack the other country’s Internet. This would mean all communication, transport, etc would stop. It would cause huge damage to hospitals and other important buildings. But cyber-crime is happening today to ordinary people. Have you ever heard of phishing? That’s with a ‘ph’ not ‘f’. You really need to be very careful about what information you put online.

- Computer.mp3 Tapesript

It’s hard to believe that no one had computers a few years ago. I wonder how people lived. There must have been a lot of paperwork. I can’t imagine writing everything by hand. I also wonder how everything worked without computers. We need computers today for everything. Hospitals, airports, the police… nothing can work without computers. I’m sure I’d be ten times busier than now if I didn’t have a computer. Imagine having to find a piece of paper and an envelope and then walking down the street to mail a letter! I love my computer. It makes everything in my life so convenient. Sure, it freezes and crashes sometimes. Sure I lose some data. But that’s not often. Most of the time my computer is like my best friend.


- Internet.mp3 Tapesript 

I think the Internet is the greatest invention ever. Think how it has changed the world. So much information is out there. It has totally changed my life. I can chat with friends, download music, buy books and get all the info I need for my homework. It took days or weeks to do any of these things before the Internet. I spend hours every day online. I think I spend a little too long. I’m sure staring at a computer screen all day isn’t good for my eyes. I think it’s also making me fat. I need to exercise a little more. The only thing I don’t like about the Internet is that it can be dangerous. I don’t really like putting my personal information online, especially on social networking sites like Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...